Belgium: terror suspect Mohamed Abrini admits to being ‘man in hat’

Mohamed Abrini admitted to Belgian prosecutors Saturday that he was the man seen on video with two suicide bombers who blew up the Brussels Airport. (Belgian Federal Police via AP)

BRUSSELS – The Federal Prosecution Office in Brussels says it can confirm that arrested terror suspect Mohamed Abrini was the third man present at Brussels Airport during the March 22 suicide bombings there.

Authorities have been frantically seeking the “man in the hat” ever since he was filmed alongside the two bombers just before the airport attack that killed 16 people. Belgian authorities recently released more footage of the man leaving the airport in the wake of the bombings, walking down sidewalks and past a hotel.

Albrini was arrested Friday in Brussels in a police raid. The prosecutor’s office said Saturday that Abrini “confessed his presence at the crime scene” after being confronted by investigators.

Abrini was also involved in the Paris attacks and travelled by car with Salah Abdeslam and his brother Brahim – who blew himself up during the Paris attacks – on November 10 last year.

The trio made two round trips between Brussels and Paris to rent hideouts for the Paris attackers.

Abrini then travelled to Paris with the convoy of gunmen and bombers.(see below)

https://cpnagasaki.wordpress.com/2016/04/08/breaking-news-last-remaining-paris-attacks-suspect-mohamed-abrini-is-arrested-in-brussels/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s