A curry house boss with “wandering hands” has been jailed for groping young jobhunters.
Solihull-based Prashant Sengar carried out a string of sex attacks on terrified young women who applied for jobs at his diner – called Spicy Affair.
The “arrogant” businessman claimed all six victims were lying – and shook his head as a judge jailed him for 22 months.
Lee Marklew, prosecuting, earlier told the jury: “Prashant Sengar is a man with wandering hands.
“He’s an arrogant man.
“He abused his position of authority with these ladies.”
Warwick Crown Court heard the businessman was twice questioned by police over the initial allegations before he was finally prosecuted.
He slapped his first victim’s bottom after she began working at Spicy Affair in Leamington Spa.
He later grabbed her from behind and tried to kiss her.
She pulled away but he persisted, saying he would not go “anywhere between your legs”.
She quit and went to police after he tried to kiss her for a second time.
Sengar was questioned but not prosecuted and then targeted two friends he interviewed for jobs.
He took hold of one girl’s knee and asked if she wanted to model for him and touched the other’s thigh and tried to kiss her.
The girls reported him and Sengar was arrested again.
But although an officer made a connection with Sengar’s first victim, no action was taken.
The 40-year-old, of Cornyx Lane, Solihull, later told a dancer he interviewed at a hotel for an entertainment job that, if she wanted money and fame, she had to do something for him.
The court that “if she did what he asked he would not go between her legs”.
When she tried to leave, he grabbed her top and looked at her breasts.
Back at the restaurant, he patted the bottom of a young woman after she began working for him and rubbed the thigh and bottom of yet another woman as he interviewed her.
Sengar was finally nailed when the police were called in for a third time and detectives found documents at the restaurant allowing them to trace other victims.
The women had been left “scared and shocked” and “absolutely disgusted” by their ordeals, the court heard.
One said she had been too scared to apply for more restaurant jobs.
And the dancer said she would not audition for any more Bollywood roles as a result.
Sengar was convicted of seven charges of sexual assault and ordered to register as a sex offender for ten years.
Judge Andrew Lockhart QC also imposed an indefinite sexual harm prevention order banning him from interviewing female job applicants alone.
He told Sengar: “You have been involved in a series of offences committed against young women who sought employment at your restaurant or in entertainment.
“I am sure this was planned activity.”
Justin Jarmola, defending, said Sengar’s family had major financial problems because he had been in custody since July 24.
He said the defendant needed help from a sex offenders’ programme instead of a jail sentence.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.birminghammail.co.uk