That’s as maybe,but I don’t think people will be rushing to the travel agents to book a holiday there right now!
The Egyptians can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Friday August, 2) during the annual WCA ceremony at a top Cairo venue. Egyptian people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2013 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the Egyptians as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Egypt
The Egyptian team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Egyptian Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Egyptian judges has been counted. However, the Egyptian organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome
WCA 2013 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Egypt
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Cairo
- Best Food in the World: Egyptian food
- Nicest People on Earth: Egyptian people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Egyptian people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Egyptian men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Egyptian women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Egyptians
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Egyptian teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth!!!
- Egypt’s Three Challenges: Its Coup, Its Economy and the Nile River (usnews.com)
- What Does It Take to Brainwash the Egyptian People? (nadiaelawady.wordpress.com)
- Egyptian violence was a massacre, not a ‘post-revolution transition’ (independent.co.uk)